We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The unit Broad Acreage Crops is part of Yara´s Crop Nutrition R&D. It carries out research to develop new profitable and sustainable crop solutions for agriculture. The performance testing and development of improved Fertilizer and Biostimulant Products is part of this activity. Yara has decided to widen its product portfolio towards Biostimulants to develop new solutions to alleviate abiotic stress, which is limiting to an increasing degree agricultural production. Beside the research and development work, this unit supports the implementation of new solutions by providing scientific data & facts, explaining the mode of action of the solutions and documenting their final performance in respect to profitability & sustainability.
- Develop new ideas for Fertilizer and Biostimulant Products, compile existing information to substantiate hypothesis, propose R&D projects, organize trial activities to validate hypothesis and document performance, deliver scientific reports supportive information for product support and implementation.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team and give support to other agricultural research activities
- Net-working with product development & commercial teams in Yara across departments and locations and participate in co-operations with external partners worldwide
- Sc. in Agriculture or related sciences with minimum three years of experience in research and product development on Biostimulants with a record of achievements/developments.
- Deep knowledge in plant physiology with a focus on stress physiology.
- Deep knowledge in crop nutrition and agronomy.
- High communication skills and experience in knowledge transfer e.g. giving scientific lectures or creating supportive material for marketing.
- Team worker with an open-minded and cooperative working attitude with a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
The position is permanent and is open. The hired candidate will report to the Manager of the Broad Acreage Crop Department and be a valuable team member contributing to the execution of R&D activities for Yara with a solution-oriented and added value focus.