We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
In Thailand, Yara has been present for more than 40 years, being a leading brand in many crop segments and helping farmers to increase their incomes. Our professionals have the ambition to make Yara Thailand the best place to work for; through our people, customer, and farmer development programmes. Business Code of Conduct and Safety are our top priorities always.
Job scope, Role and Responsibilities
You will conduct the following promotional activities; farmer meetings, crop clinics, farmer field days, and customer meetings. Sometime you will also conduct farm visits and spot demonstrations. Through your contact with farmers and customers you will be expected to show them that Yara products works, with real examples from your region. You will gather and report information on our competitor fetilizer company’s market activities in your region.
You will be part of the Sales Team, reporting to a region’s Area Sales Manager as your line manager. You will be responsible for presenting at both crop clinics and farmer meetings that Yara’s solutions work in our key crops (including, but not limited to, rubber, oil palm, longan, durian, vegetables etc.) and look for similar opportunities in other crops. You will actively cooperate internally with our agronomists and sales representatives about the activities required in your region therefore.
You will be provide and install Yara’s promotion materials.
You will be responsible for creating demand for Yara’s product portfolio at sub dealer and farmer level.
You will show all others that you value the importance of safety in everything you perform.
You will have to demonstrate your hunger for new knowledge and show the team you live according to the Yara values: Accountability, Collaboration, Ambition, and Curiosity.
- You will be expected to travel and stay upcountry according to this work scope.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BSc degree or equivalent professional qualification in agriculture/science.
- Fluent Thai and basic (fair) understanding of the English language is essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and their use in reporting.
- Basic knowledge of agriculture and nutrient management in Thailand.
- Must display confidence in public speaking, being self-motivated, dynamic and energetic.
- Be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and overcoming differences of opinion.
- Ability to travel and work for periods upcountry, keeping safety and doing the right thing in mind at all times when with the team, customers, and farmers.